- Novel radioactive tracers for the evaluation of the activity of choline kinase that will improve the early identification of lung and pancreatic tumors.
- Non-invasive methodologies that will allow indentifying lung and pancreatic tumors at very early stages. This will increase the survival rate for both diseases, improve the management of the cancer patients and settle the basis for the development of new treatments.
- A prognosis and response prediction signature in both cancers by the identification of novel tumor markers. This signature alone or in combination with the other project’s outcomes will lead to a better management of cancer patients treatment and will open a new via for new treatments.
- Better management of these cancer patients thanks to novel diagnostic and prognostic kits of potential immediate use in the clinical setting.
- Novel therapeutic approaches based on unexplored new molecular targets that are close to being introduced in clinical trials.
- Illustration of the molecular features of the treatment resistance mechanisms that will allow improving the efficiency of the actual and future treatments.
- Development of new combinatorial treatments
- Identification of new molecular targets for drug development.
- Availability of novel therapeutic tools for lung and pancreatic cancer patients